From what I gather, the Liebster Award can be awarded to bloggers with 500 followers or less, to help welcome them to blogging and to bring attention to their blogs. I have been blogging for less than a year and haven’t yet quite reached the 100 followers mark so I feel very pleased to have been recognised by 2 other bloggers! Thanks guys! 🙂
Here are the procedures I need to follow to accept the nomination, which I have taken from Laura Kelly’s post:
1. Thank the blogger that nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you by your nominator.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 500 followers.
4. Tag other nominees in a comment to their blog so that they know they have been nominated.
As Laura was the first blogger to nominate me, I’m going to answer the questions she has asked – so here’s a little bit more about me!
- What motivated you to start blogging? I really felt that the only way I was going to achieve my goal of becoming more environmentally friendly was to start a blog and explain the ins and outs of it to others. I wanted to help other people towards this goal and also clarify each step in my mind too!
- What or who inspires you in life? Since joining the wordpress community I think I have been most inspired by Sian, who blogs at The Never Ending Headache, and Jess, at No One Gets Flowers for Chronic Pain. They constantly remind me how tough and yet how rewarding it is to deal with chronic pain, and I am always inspired by how brave they both are.
- What would your perfect day look like? It would be lovely and sunny and I would have a lazy day practising yoga, reading, eating some good food and spending time with my boyfriend.
- What is your favorite way to relax? Reading or knitting (I’m currently knitting a jumper for the first time!)
- Cats, dogs, or both? Cats (but that’s not to say I hate dogs!)
- How do you get your exercise? I like to practise yoga! I had a brief phase of running once a week, but then the weather got worse so sadly it petered out a bit.
- Favorite Ice cream? Hmmm…chocolate probably!
- The one book everyone should own? There are so many books that I love that I can’t really pick just one! I would recommend in particular Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings and Beth Terry’s Plastic Free Life.
- If you were granted the power to change one thing in the world what would it be and why? Obviously I would stop climate change 😉
- What super power would you like to possess and why? I would love to be invisible for a day and listen in on people’s conversations!
- What is one thing you would like everyone who visits your blog to know about you? I love hearing about what you’re doing to help the environment – it helps to remind me that I’m not alone.
And here are the 11 bloggers I would like to nominate for the Liebster Award!
- Tumbleweeds and Seeds
- The Non-Plastic Maori
- Relearning Human
- The Never Ending Headache
- Clump A Day
- No One Gets Flowers For Chronic Pain
- Love Lush Australia
- My Light Bag
- Andrea Elizabeth
Sorry to all those who I couldn’t nominate! I enjoy all the blogs I follow and wish I could give you all an award!
N.B. I was also nominated for a couple of awards a while ago that I haven’t yet followed up on, so look out for learning more about me soon 🙂
My questions (I have snaffled some of the above as I thought they were quite interesting!):
- What motivated you to start blogging?
- What or who inspires you in life?
- What would your perfect day look like?
- What is your favourite way to relax?
- How do you get your exercise?
- The one book everyone should own?
- What super power would you like to possess and why?
- What is one thing you would like everyone who visits your blog to know about you?
- Do you have a favourite blog?
- What’s your favourite way to be creative?
- Which environmental cause (if any) is the most important to you?
Thanks for reading! Back to green posts soon! 🙂